The one way to enhance productivity, improve yield, and lower costs is by superheating blast furnace iron with an Ajax Tocco channel induction furnace prior to charging a BOF or arc furnace.
The illustration below details an a typical Ajax Tocco design.
- Red Line to indicate high metal level.
- Heavy duty, triple strand drive chains on each end of furnace shell providing maximum security for rotating furnace.
- Electrically actuated reversable gear box chain drive for accurate pour control.
- Fully cylindrical, low-stressed steel shell designed for maximum refractory support.
- Controlled atmosphere for good refractory life achieved by submerged fill and pour spouts with close-seal access doors.
- High alumina pre-fired bricks with total thickness of 685mm for protracted refractory campaigns.
- Combined electromagnetic stirring action of six jet flow inductors ensures consistant analysis and tempurature throughout the bath irrespective of metal level.
- Six 2.5mW "Jet Flow" inductors giving total furnace electrical rating of 15mW.
- Three doors provided in the event of slag removal is necessary.
- Maximum support for furnace shell is given by means of independent roller bases which also help to ensure easy and smooth pouring.